General discussion concerning wolves and other Montana Wildlife.
The discussion for a wolf conservation stamp will continue in Helena Montana. Wolves of the Rockies has a seat at the table and will participate.
On May 21st Montana Wildlife Service will be holding a non lethal predator seminar in Polson Montana. WotR will be in attendance. Email us for additional information. Info@wolvesoftherockies.org
On May 14th 2015 Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks will be holding a a hearing to discuss the next wolf hunting and trapping season for wolves. We encourage all to attend or follow us on Facebook Wolves of the Rockies. We will put out action alerts that will give you the opportunity to work with us to protect and defend our wolves.
Montana Livestock Loss Board will be holding its quarterly meeting in Helena, Montana. For additional information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
From the 5th of January 2015 to the 30th of April 2015 Montana legislature will be in session. Wolves of the Rockies is fully engaged. Trying to educate , derail or soften bad wills. And supporting, introducing and promoting good wolf and carnivore bills. All with the use of education!
2014 Meeting Schedule Montana Fish Wildlife & Parks
13 February Thursday Location Helena, Montana MtFWP HQ
March 13 Thursday Helena, Montana MtFWP (Wolf ARM )
April 10 Thursday Helena, Montana MtFWP HQ
May 22Thursday Fort Peck ( 2014 Wolf Hunting & Trapping Season Proposal)
June 12 Thursday Helena, Montana MtFwp HQ
July 10 Thursday Missoula, Montana MtFWP Commissioner Vote 2014 Wolf Season
August 7 Thursday Helena, Montana MtFWP HQ
August 26TuesdayConference Call Info provided when available.
September - no meeting
October 9 Thursday Bozeman, Montana Region 3 HQ
November 13 Thursday Helena, Montana MtFWP HQ
December 11 Thursday Helena, Montana MtFWP HQ
March 19, 20 / Special Meeting
- Location: Boise, ID
- Public Hearing: March 19
- Routine Agenda Items: Legislative update;Season setting: deer, elk, pronghorn, bear, mountain lion, wolves. Nonbiological rules briefing for all game animals.Season Setting: Chinook salmon.
May 14, 15 / Quarterly Meeting
- Location: Lewiston, ID
- Public Hearing: May 14
- Routine Agenda Items: Season setting: Chinook salmon; FY16 budget direction.Election of Commission chair, vice-chair. Briefing on auction and lottery tags. Nonbiological rules briefing for all game animals.
July 9, 10 / Quarterly Meeting
- Location: Salmon, ID
- Public Hearing: July 9
- Routine Agenda Items: Nonbiological rules briefing for all game animals; Rules: nonresident deer and elk tag quotas; nonresident deer and elk tag outfitter set-aside; Consider release of bighorn sheep tags for auction and lottery; Commission direction onthe expenditure of Animal Damage Controlfunds; legislative proposals; Migratory game birds briefing; FY 16 Preliminary Budget to Commission. Season Setting: sandhill cranes. Season Setting: Chinook salmon.
August TBD / Special Meeting
- Location: TBD
- Routine Agenda Items: Rules: Nonbiological for all game animals; Season setting: migratory game birds (waterfowl seasons and limits). Season setting: Sage-grouse seasons; FY 16 budget approval.
October TBD / Conference Call
- Location: TBD
- Routine Agenda Items: Ratification of rules.
November 12, 13 / Quarterly Meeting
- Location: Coeur d’Alene, ID
- Public Hearing: November 12
- Routine Agenda Items: Appoint Commission representative to WAFWA.